Sunday, February 8, 2009

Another day, another dollar.

I'm not very good at keeping up with this blog I don't think. This is going to take some practice I guess! To be fair, we've also been kind of busy with some things and there hasn't been a ton of time in which to blog. Last weekend was so nice that Danny, Hailey, Journey, and I just played outside for the majority of the time. I wanted to enjoy the nice weather while we could. That meant walking between 5-6 miles which kind of wore me out! We enjoyed the Super Bowl with Danny's parents, or I should say Danny & Hailey did. I kept up my tradition of sleeping through it for the 2nd year in a row.

On Tuesday, Danny & I both went to the doctor. We've both been putting off check ups for way too long. I just want Aunt Jane in Kansas City, and he hates doctors. I apparently have 3 moles that look highly suspicious and need to be biopsied. I feel fairly confident that they will turn out fine, but it is better to be safe than sorry. The really rotten news came from Danny's doctor. Danny has a really hard time sleeping, so back in September, the doctor whom he and his family had gone to for years prescribed him a pill to help with anxiety. We find out on Tuesday from the new doctor that this pill is the WORST thing that a recovering alcoholic can take as it is habit forming and actually incites cravings. GREAT! So now we have to work on weaning Danny off of this pill following a guide from his doctor. I know that mistakes happen easily, but this kind of stresses me out!

On a positive note, Hailey's reading continues to improve which is wonderful. These classes seem to really be helping her which is great. I am down 8 pounds so far and seem to be continuing to lose so I am thrilled about that! Danny & I have also found a church close to where we live that we are going to start getting involved with. We really enjoy going and feel that this will be a great place for us to get plugged in to.

7 comments:

  1. Remember that all things are possible with Gods help. Rely on His strength. Love you guys. Hi Hailey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now YOUR SuperBowl Tradition is something I could get into!!!

    Tell Danny to hang in there (you too) and knowing you two now have each other to depend on I know you will both be fine!! Great Job on staying motivated on your getting in shape goal...8#s is AMAZING girl!! Keep it up...and 6 mile walks sure can't hurt.

    Tell Hailey I'm very proud of her and she is welcome to pick a new book from Aunt Cindy's box of books the next time she is here for all her hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life has lots of curves in it...so proud of you both for driving together! My prayers are with you both for a life time of success in all you do. Congrats on the 8# weight loss! Awesome job! Love you guys...give Hailey a big squeeze from Grandma! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s.

    Post some PIctures!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear from you!

    Good for you both for going for checkups. We all need to be more proactive about our health and you guys are headed in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on the 8 lbs! That has to feel good to see your efforts rewarded.

    I hope all the medical stuff straightens out & that Hailey is doing well with the reading help!

    I'm with Deb...post some photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your health is your most important asset....and check ups are so proactive in keeping you healthy. Glad the pounds are dropping -keep up that walking exercise! It will be easier with spring coming. see you all on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know why you love life today!