Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Adilynn!

Dear Adilynn Sariah,

Happy 1st Birthday my darling niece! I am so excited that I get to help you celebrate this big day. Most people are never lucky enough to be able to have their niece or nephew living with them. I am so blessed to have this opportunity.

I remember when your mommy called me and told me that I was going to be an aunt. I was so incredibly excited and told the news to everyone I could find. In my life, I have been lucky enough to have so many aunts who have helped me along the way. I couldn't believe that I was going to get to hold that honored title myself!

I waited and waited to find out whether I would have a niece or a nephew. When I found out what your name would be, I was even more excited. I immediately started stockpiling little presents and outfits for you. When Grandma told us that your Mommy was in labor, I couldn't stop thinking about you, little bean. I hated that you were so far away and I wouldn't be able to hold you right away. When you arrived safe and sound, I thanked God that He had given our family you. I knew that you would be such a joy for your Mommy and Daddy.

I sent Grandma and Papa over with some presents and even mailed you a few more. I wanted you to know right away that Aunt Jess loved you best; well after Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, and Papa.

When Mommy called and said that you were coming home for Christmas, I was so excited to share that holiday with you. Uncle Danny and I were so happy that you were able to be there for our wedding too! I think since Mommy and Daddy signed our marriage license, that made you the "Baby of Honor."

From the first time I held you, I knew you were special. You've always been funny around strangers, but after the first couple times of being around me, you were content to be with me. When you guys were back to visit this past April, one of the nights before you left, we went to eat Mexican. You were fussy with anyone who tried to hold you. I grabbed you though and walked around singing to you, and you nuzzled into me and fell asleep. It was so hard to let you go that night. Now that you are back in Missouri with your Mommy, I have treasured every piece of time I have had with you. Your legs are getting so strong, and you will be walking any time. Your smile is so sweet sometimes I almost get tears in my eyes. You are just so beautiful, Adi. When you reach for me to hold you, I swear my heart swells in my chest.

I know someday I will have more nieces and nephews. Each one will be so special to me because I will love them all for different reasons. Just know my darling girl that you made me an aunt for the first time. There will always be such a special place in my heart for you.




Adi in her walker.

Adi smiling up at her Mommy.

The Leimkuhler Family
I pray everyday for your Daddy, baby girl. I pray that he comes home safe for you and your Mommy. Just know that your Daddy is so brave and you should be so proud of him.
Part of me can't wait for you to get older. I can't wait to have you spend a weekend with us so we can spoil you rotten. Or when you are a teenager, for you to come for a week in the summer. Right now though, I am enjoying watching you change from a baby to your own little person. You are so funny and every day you somehow make me laugh.
Happy Birthday Adi! I love you to the moon and back!
Love,
Aunt Jess

3 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Birthday, Adi! You are a special little girl for sure! ;-)

    Nice post Jess. p.s.Hello to Kim and Danny and of course, my favorite grand daughter, Hailey-Bailey! ;-)

    Have a great day! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess-what a post! Enjoy Adi as she grows in your home....and all the best to her folks. After your own children-nothing more special then nieces and nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post Aunt Jessi...it is very obvious you do honor to the role of Aunt in word and deed. I LOVE being an Aunt too...and love each niece and nephew in turn,as you said for their own uniqueness. I hope Adi has a great day today, as much for you and her mom, as for her.(and will say my own prayer for her daddy to come home safe) She won't remember how special today is, but you will...always. And hugs to you...one very special niece who now understands fully why she is loved so much by this Aunt.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know why you love life today!